Climate of Cape Town, South Africa Average Weather
- Cape Town, south-africa, 33°58'S, 18°36'E, 42 m (138 ft)
- Cape Town has a mediterranean climate that is mild with dry, warm summers and moderate seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Csb)
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Cape Town is close to the warm temperate dry forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 16.6 degrees Celsius (61.9 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Total annual Precipitation averages 475 mm (18.7 in).
- Annual sunshine averages 2993 hours.
- If Cape Town were situated on the opposite side of the world what would the climate be like? Follow this link to find the nearest location on ClimaTemps.com!
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Tshane, Botswana - 1151.7 kms (715.7 miles) NNE
- Pretoria, South Africa - 1299.1 kms (807.3 miles) NE
- Johannesburg, South Africa - 1269.6 kms (788.9 miles) NE
- Mbabane, Swaziland - 1473.5 kms (915.7 miles) ENE
- Upington, South Africa - 667.6 kms (414.8 miles) NNE
- Kimberley, South Africa - 822.6 kms (511.2 miles) NE
- Bloemfontein, South Africa - 908.2 kms (564.4 miles) NE
- Maseru, Lesotho - 986.7 kms (613.2 miles) ENE
- Durban, South Africa - 1245.9 kms (774.2 miles) ENE
- East London, South Africa - 861.9 kms (535.6 miles) E
- Port Elizabeth, South Africa - 646.3 kms (401.6 miles) E