Cape Town Climate & Temperature
- Cape Town, South Africa is at 33°58'S, 18°36'E, 42 m (138 ft). See map.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Cape Town is situated in or near the warm temperate dry forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 16.6 degrees Celsius (61.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 9 °C (16.2°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 475 mm (18.7 inches) which is equivalent to 475 Litres/m² (11.65 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2993 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Cape Town you would come out nearest to the climate station at Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii where you would find a Tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Cape Town, South Africa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Tshane, Botswana - 1151.7 kms (715.7 miles) NNE
- Pretoria, South Africa - 1299.1 kms (807.3 miles) NE
- Johannesburg, South Africa - 1269.6 kms (788.9 miles) NE
- Mbabane, Swaziland - 1473.5 kms (915.7 miles) ENE
- Upington, South Africa - 667.6 kms (414.8 miles) NNE
- Kimberley, South Africa - 822.6 kms (511.2 miles) NE
- Bloemfontein, South Africa - 908.2 kms (564.4 miles) NE
- Maseru, Lesotho - 986.7 kms (613.2 miles) ENE
- Durban, South Africa - 1245.9 kms (774.2 miles) ENE
- East London, South Africa - 861.9 kms (535.6 miles) E
- Port Elizabeth, South Africa - 646.3 kms (401.6 miles) E